System Trial Image
We provide a installer image to build a Linux system similar to the environment that will be used in ICPC 2023 Yokohama regional contest.
Notable Differences Between the Trial Image and the Actual Machine in the Contest
The actual linux system provided in the contest is slightly different from the system provided by the trial image here. The computing environment in the contest is as follows.
- The user and password are different from icpc-trial:icpc-trial here.
- You can’t get the root access.
- There is no Internet access. You can only access to the contest system through the web browser.
- CLion activation code is placed at the desktop.
- A command to print your source code is provided.
It is strongly recommended that you install the trial system to virtual machines. The installer may not work in some hardware for issues like missing drivers.
The installer clears all data on local disks. Please make sure all data is backed up specially if you try installation on real hardware.
Virtual machine softwares (e.g. VirtualBox)
Disk: >= 20 GB
RAM: >= 2 GB
- Download the trial image
ISO image (sha256sum c30a0311535c94b4d719008a20693c4007a99b1e1909578f64857a97a5236f7b)
- Configure a new virtual machine and attach the trial image.
- Start the virtual machine. Hit enter on the GRUB splash screen, network selection and confirmation messages.
- Select “Reboot Now” when the “OK” sign below is shown on the display.
- Unmount the image and press enter to reboot.
- You can log in to the system with user “icpc-trial” and password “icpc-trial”.
- Nov. 14, 2023: Update the image. The previous image no longer installs successfully.
- Oct. 23, 2023: Updated compilegcc and compileg++ commands following the update of compiler options.
- Oct. 15, 2023: Initial version.